Backward compatibility, which enables you to play PS4 games on your new system, is one of Sony’s PS5’s many benefits. But did you know that you can also update select PS4 games to PS5 versions to take use of the enhanced hardware on the PS5?
This means you’ll be able to play your favorite games with improved visuals and a more fluid gaming experience. Here’s how to have your qualifying games upgraded to PS5 versions.
How to Tell if Your PS4 Game Has a PS5 Upgrade
It should be noted, however, that not every PS4 game is compatible with the PS5. Although the list of PS4 games that may be upgraded to PS5 versions is continually increasing, some of the most popular titles are currently accessible.
This contains, to mention a few, Cyberpunk 2077, Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut, and Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales. Check the PlayStation Store to see whether your game is eligible for a PS5 update.
If you purchased the game digitally via the PlayStation Store, login in to your PlayStation account on your PS5 (the same one you used to buy the PS4 game) and go to the Game tab.
You will find the games you downloaded to your console there. Place your pointer on the tile of the game you want to play and press the “…” icon next to the Play Game option. If the game includes a PS5 update, Select Version will appear as one of the choices.
If you purchased the disc version of an eligible game and have it inserted into your PS5, you may also update it. This does, however, imply that you must have a conventional PS5 with a disk drive and that you must keep the PS4 game disc put in your console each time you wish to play the game.
Finally, some games provide free upgrades, but others are only accessible in cross-gen bundles, special editions, or as part of a paid upgrade. This implies that certain PS4 game versions are less expensive than their PS5 or cross-generation package equivalents.
That is why you should compare pricing before purchasing any PS4 games. The PS4 edition of Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, for example, costs $59.99, while the cross-gen bundle, which contains both PS4 and PS5 versions, costs $69.99.
How to Upgrade Digital PS4 Games to Their PS5 Versions
Follow these procedures to upgrade an eligible digital PS4 game to its PS5 version:
- Log in to the PlayStation account that you used to purchase the game.
- Search the PlayStation Store for the game you wish to update.
- If you already have the PS4 version of the game on your PS5, press the “…” symbol next to the Play Game button and then Select Version to download the PS5 version. If you haven’t already, make sure you choose the PS5 version before downloading.
- Tap Download to get free upgrades (or Purchase to get paid upgrades).
- Wait for the download and installation to finish before you begin playing the PS5 version of your game.
If you previously downloaded the PS4 version of your game, your PS5 may now have both the PS4 and PS5 versions installed. This might take up a lot of space, so you might want to uninstall the PS4 version to free up some space on your PS5.
To do so, go to Settings > Storage > Console Storage > Games and Apps, then select and remove the PS4 version of the game you recently updated.
How to Upgrade PS4 Disc Games to Their PS5 Versions
As previously stated, upgrading PS4 disc games to PS5 versions will need a PS5 with a disc drive. If you have a basic PS5, go as follows:
- Insert the PlayStation 4 game disc into your PlayStation 5.
- Sign in to your account, navigate to the game center, and copy the game to the internal storage of your console.
- When the installation is finished, press the “…” symbol next to the Play button and choose View Product Page.
- On the right side of your screen, click the upgrade offer.
- If the update is paid, you may download it or buy it.
- Wait for the download and installation to finish before you begin playing the PS5 version of your game. You must insert the game disc each time you wish to play the PS5 version of the game.
Enjoy Better Visuals by Upgrading Eligible PS4 Games to Their PS5 Versions
If you have any suitable PS4 titles, we suggest upgrading to the PS5 versions for improved aesthetics and performance. Some titles provide free upgrades, while others need the purchase of the PS5 version or a cross-generation package. However, before you make any modifications, double-check the price of your title to avoid any surprises.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic How to Upgrade PS4 Games to Their PS5 Versions on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the achindutemple.org team, along with other related topics such as: Game.