How to Stop Google Chrome Saving Browsing History in Windows 11
Google Chrome retains a record of every page you visit by default. If you’d prefer it didn’t, there are solutions.
When you visit the web, Google Chrome, like other browsers, retains your browsing history. Chrome’s History tab saves every website you view. You (and other users with the same account) may then examine what pages you’ve viewed in the browser.
As a result, some users may opt to disable Chrome’s browser history. While Google’s main browser does allow you to delete your browsing history, there is no built-in feature that allows you to prevent it from keeping visited sites. Nonetheless, you may deactivate Chrome’s browsing history using the techniques listed below.
How to Stop Chrome Saving Your Browsing History With Incognito Mode
Google Chrome’s Incognito mode is a private browsing option. Chrome stops preserving your internet history when you use Incognito mode. In Chrome, you may engage that mode by pressing Ctrl + Shift + N. The Incognito browsing window, illustrated below, will then appear.
Although enabling incognito mode is a simple approach to hide browsing history, Chrome lacks a built-in option to start the browser in that mode. With that mode enabled, Google Chrome also stops storing cookies and site data. If you wish to clear your browser history and surf normally, use one of the other ways listed below.
How to Stop Google Chrome Saving Browsing History By Editing the Registry
By editing the registry, you can deactivate browsing history in Google Chrome. Adding a new Chrome key and the SavingBrowserHistoryDisabled DWORD to the registry is required for this strategy. In the following stages, you will use Windows 11’s Registry Editor to do this.
- First, press Win + S.
- To launch the Registry Editor, type regedit into the search box in Windows 11 and choose Run as administrator.
- Then, under the Registry Editor’s sidebar, browse to ComputerHKEY LOCAL MACHINESOFTWAREPolicies. Alternatively, you may type the registry path into the address bar.
- With your right mouse button, click the Policies key and then choose New > Key.
- Enter the title of the new key into Google.
- Right-click on the newly created Google key in the registry and pick the New and Key options.
- Then, in the text field for the new key, type Chrome.
- Right-click the Chrome registry key and choose New. On the submenu, choose DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- SavingBrowserHistoryDisabled is the new DWORD title.
- To open the Edit DWORD window, double-click the SavingBrowserHistoryDisabled DWORD.
- Enter 1 in the Value data box and press OK.
- Then, from the Start menu, choose Restart Windows.
How to Stop Google Chrome Saving Browsing History With Group Policy Editor
Group Policy Editor is an administrative tool that incorporates various Chrome policy settings. If you’re using Windows 11 Pro or Enterprise, you may activate a policy option that prevents Chrome from preserving your browser history. This is how you use Group Policy Editor to disable Chrome’s browsing history.
- On the menu that appears, press Win + X and choose Run.
- Enter gpedit.msc in Run and press OK to launch Group Policy Editor.
- In Group Policy Editor, double-click Computer Configuration and Administrative Templates.
- On the left side of Group Policy Editor, choose Google > Google Chrome.
- To open the Disable saving browser history setting’s window, double-click it.
- Then, on the Disable saving browsing history window, choose Enabled and press the Apply button.
- Select OK to exit.
- To have the changes take effect, restart Windows.
Before you can set its browsing history, you must first add a Google Chrome template to Group Policy Editor. To do so, go to the Set Chrome Browser policies page and download the needed template by clicking the ZIP file of Google Chrome templates. That article also includes detailed instructions for adding the appropriate template to Group Policy Editor.
How to Stop Google Chrome Saving Browsing History With an Extension
When activated, No History is a Google Chrome plugin that prevents the browser from recording your page history. This plugin also contains the ability to wipe Chrome’s history. With that plugin, you may deactivate browsing history as follows.
- Open the No History page.
- Add to Chrome and Add extension buttons should be clicked.
- The No History button will appear in Chrome’s toolbar. To open the extension, click that icon.
- To deactivate Chrome’s page history recording, choose On.
Stop Google Chrome Saving Your Browsing History
So you don’t have to continually manually deleting your Chrome browser history. Using the techniques outlined above, simply prevent Google Chrome from keeping your browser history in the first place. You may then browse the web more discreetly.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic How to Stop Google Chrome Saving Browsing History in Windows 11 on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the achindutemple.org team, along with other related topics such as: Chrome.