How to Stop Automatic Google Chrome Updates on Windows
Google Chrome won’t allow you, but Windows users may prevent automatic updates with a few simple steps.
Google Chrome upgrades are quite inconspicuous. However, if you decide you don’t want them to run automatically, there is no way to disable them in the browser. This is a problem for folks who seek more granular control over their updates.
Fortunately, Windows users may turn off automatic updates in a few simple steps. Continue reading to discover how to disable Chrome updates on Windows.
Method 1: The System Configuration Utility
The System Configuration Utility is the most often used method for stopping Chrome from updating on Windows (also known as MSConfig).
- Open the Run dialog box to access MSConfig. You may accomplish this by using the Win + R keyboard shortcut.
- When it appears, enter msconfig and press Enter.
- Open the Services tab.
- Look for Google Update Service (gupdate) and Google Update Service (gupdate) (gupdatem).To discover them quickly, tick Hide all Microsoft services or click on the Service column heading to arrange the list alphabetically.
- Uncheck both Google items and then press OK.
- To have these changes take effect, you must restart your computer.
Method 2: The Windows Services Manager
The Windows Services Manager program is used in the second technique to block Chrome from upgrading.
- Launch the Windows Run command. You may accomplish this by using the Win + R keyboard shortcut or by asking Cortana to search for Run.
- When it appears, enter services.msc and press Enter.
- Scroll all the way down to Google Update Service (update).Double-click each item, then click OK. In the General tab, under Startup Type, pick Disabled from the dropdown menu.
- Rep the procedure for Google Update Service (gupdatem).
Google recommends against deactivating updates, which in certain situations include much-needed security fixes. As a result, to safeguard your safety, review our selection of the finest Chrome extensions for greater security.
Stopping Automatic Google Chrome Updates on Windows
You may be missing out on vital security patches if you skip updates, so keep that in mind before you deactivate auto-updates. Whatever the case may be, as long as you do manual Google Chrome updates on a regular basis, you will be OK.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic How to Stop Automatic Google Chrome Updates on Windows on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the achindutemple.org team, along with other related topics such as: Chrome.