Setting up a new Gmail account, whether for yourself or for someone else, is a straightforward process. If you’re just getting started with Gmail, establishing a new Gmail address, or creating an account for someone else, the procedure is comparable.
Here’s all you need to know about setting up a new Gmail account for someone else or yourself.
How to Create a New Gmail Account
- To create a new Gmail account, go to the Gmail website and click Create an account.
- If you already have a Gmail account, click the top-right icon and choose Add another account from the dropdown menu. This will lead you to a screen where you can begin filling out the information for your new account.
- You must then fill out the sections for First name, Last name, Username, and Password. It’s vital to notice that the username will display as “email@example.com” in the new Gmail email address. You may use letters, digits, and periods in your username.
- After you’ve entered all of the relevant information, click Next.
- Google will then ask you to authenticate your phone number on the following page. Enter your phone number and then press the Next button. You will be given a verification code, which you must input.
- Once authenticated, you’ll see a screen with your new Gmail account that says “Welcome to Google.” You may select whether to maintain your phone number associated with your account and whether to add a recovery email address here.
- To continue, you must enter your date of birth and gender. Once you’ve done that, click Next.
- On the next page, you will see Google’s privacy policies and conditions. Select More choices to tailor opt-in services. Once you’ve decided on your desired options, click I accept to continue. This will take you to your new Gmail inbox, which you may edit and alter to your liking.
Sort your Gmail inbox and add any necessary folders or labels so that new messages are sent to the appropriate tabs.
How to Make a Gmail Account for Someone Else
The procedure is the same if you wish to establish a new Gmail account for someone else, such as a relative. However, there are a few things to keep in mind throughout the setting procedure.
To begin, ensure that you are not adding the account as a new address to your current Google account. Sign out of Google or use Incognito Mode in your browser to create a new account for the other person.
When entering the information for the other person’s account, be sure to submit the information for the individual, not your own. Also, ensure that the username matches the person’s preferred username.
When authenticating an account over the phone, make sure the individual delivers you the verification code so you can finish the setup for them. You may also use your personal phone number for the verification stage and then delete it from the account.
Finally, you must supply the other person with their login username and password so that they may sign in.
Set this as the recovery email for the Gmail account if they already have an email account on another platform. This enables them to reset the password after you’ve given up the account, as well as retrieve it if they forget it.
Gmail also allows you to establish your own email address. However, this is a somewhat more involved method that requires you to hold your own domain and modify your web hosting email settings.
Easy Email Setup With Gmail
Setting up a new Gmail account is quite straightforward, and moving between and maintaining several accounts is as simple if accounts are linked.
Knowing these simple but powerful aspects of your Google account might provide you with a plethora of productivity possibilities.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic How to Set Up a New Gmail Account for Yourself or Others on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the achindutemple.org team, along with other related topics such as: How.