Chromecast devices are simple to set up and operate, and they usually function without a hitch. However, the device might freeze and have other troubles that need more than a reboot. A factory reset might be useful in this situation.
Is your Chromecast acting strangely or refusing to cast from your device? If this is the case, you might think about resetting your Chromecast. Here are all of the possible approaches.
What Does Resetting a Google Chromecast Do?
Resetting your Chromecast is simple. Resetting your Chromecast takes simply a few minutes and returns it to its original factory settings. This implies you may begin over on a gadget that is comparable to a new one.
There are three ways to reset a Google Chromecast. To begin, make sure your Chromecast is correctly connected to your TV and is on the same Wi-Fi network as your phone, computer, or tablet.
Related: How to Use Chromecast: A Guide for Beginners
Depending on the generation of your Chromecast, there are many techniques you may take to reset it.
1. How to Reset Chromecast Using the Reset Button
This approach works with Google Chromecast devices from the first, second, and third generations.
- A reset button is located on the Chromecast device, close to the micro-USB connector. For at least 25 seconds, press and hold the reset button.
- The light (which may be red or orange depending on the model) should start blinking and finally become white. At this point, you may release the reset button.
- Finally, unplug the Chromecast from the power supply (remove the power line) and wait a few seconds before reconnecting the device.
2. How to Reset Chromecast From the Google Home App
Only the second and third generation Chromecast units may be reset using this approach. The device’s initial generation can only be reset manually.
- On your Android or iOS smartphone, launch the Google Home app.
- Choose the Chromecast device to be reset.
- Go to Settings, which can be found in the upper right of the Google Home app.
- More Options (represented by three vertical dots).
- Select Factory Reset.
Related: Why Are Chromecast Streams Choppy? Solutions to Your Problems
3. How to Reset Chromecast Using Google TV
This approach is only applicable to the third version Chromecast, which includes Google TV.
- Choose your profile photo from the list on the right side of the home page.
- Select System from the menu, then Settings.
- Scroll down and click on About.
- Choose Factory reset and confirm that you want to reset your device.
- On the next screen, you have the option to Erase everything. It is not too late to alter your mind at this point.
Wait for the factory reset procedure to finish. The time required is determined on the number of apps installed on the device. When the factory reset is finished, you will be back to the first setup page, where you will couple your remote to the Chromecast for the first time.
Be Cautious With Chromecast Factory Reset
Resetting a Google Chromecast gadget is a simple process. Whatever kind of gadget you possess, there is a reset technique for it. It is critical to remember that factory resetting your Google Chromecast deletes all data. To prevent having to set up your device again, only do a factory reset when absolutely necessary.
If your Chromecast is still giving you problems, you might think about getting a Roku. It functions similarly and is continually updating its device lineup, making it an excellent platform-agnostic method to cut the cord.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic How to Reset a Google Chromecast: 3 Methods on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the achindutemple.org team, along with other related topics such as: Chrome.