Android has various options to help you arrange your phone’s contents. The ability to create folders is one of these functions. You may create home screen folders to arrange your programs, as well as folders in your file manager to organize your data.
We’ll teach you how to create both sorts of folders on an Android smartphone in this post.
How to Create a Folder in Android
Creating a home screen folder is as simple as selecting at least two applications and grouping them together. Both of these programs are then placed in a folder.
To do this on your device:
- Navigate to the home screen panel and choose the applications you wish to save to a folder.
- Drag the first program and drop it on top of another to create a folder that contains both applications.
- To see the applications in the folder, tap it.
How to Rename a Folder in Android
Some Android phones automatically name the home screen folder based on the applications that are installed. If you wish to give your folder a unique name, do it as follows:
- Tap and hold the folder to which you wish to change the name.
- From the option that displays, choose Rename.
- Tap OK after entering a new name for your folder.
- Your new name has been applied to your folder.
Not all phones automatically name the folder. If yours does not, you will be invited to choose a name when you create the folder for the first time.
How to Add an App to a Folder in Android
If you’ve previously created a home screen folder, adding applications is as simple as dragging and dropping them in. This is how you do it:
- Look for the app you want to add to your folder on your home screen or in your app drawer.
- Drag and drag the program into your folder.
- The application will be saved to the folder.
How to Remove an App From a Folder in Android
There are two ways to remove an app from a folder:
- Tap the folder to view all of the applications included inside it.
- Drag the app you wish to delete from the folder and place it on your home screen outside of the folder. The program has now been deleted from the folder, however the shortcut remains on your home screen.
- Another option is to hold down the app you wish to delete and pick Remove from the menu. This removes the icon from your folder but does not add it to your home screen.
How to Move Folders Across Home Screens in Android
Folders, like applications, may be moved across your various home screens.
- Locate the folder you wish to relocate on your home screen.
- Drag & drag the folder into the desired home screen.
How to Delete a Folder in Android
There are two methods for removing a home screen folder on Android:
- Tap the folder you wish to delete to view all of the applications in it.
- Each program should be dragged out of the folder. Once you’ve removed all of your programs from the folder, it will be deleted.
- Another method for deleting a folder is to press and hold on it before selecting Remove.
- Choose Remove from the popup, and your folder will be deleted.
Understand that removing a folder does not destroy the programs included inside it. Your applications are still there on your smartphone. You may locate them again in the app drawer, which is normally accessible by sliding up on the home screen.
Bonus Tip: How to Make a Folder to Manage Files
The above example demonstrates how to create home screen folders. What if you want to create a folder to organize your stuff, such as music, videos, and documents? This is the location where you will build a file management folder.
After creating this folder, you may add any sort of file to it. The methods to create a file management folder below may differ significantly based on your Android device and the file manager you’re using:
- Open your phone’s file management app.
- Navigate to the location where you wish to create the new folder. This directory might be on internal storage or external storage, such as an SD card.
- When you’ve arrived to your desired directory, hit the three-dot menu in the top-right corner and choose New folder.
- Tap OK after giving your folder a name.
- Your folder is now created.
You may now store or transfer files into your new folders, making them much simpler to locate when needed. Your downloads will likewise be located in their own folder.
Android Folders Make Grouping Apps and Files Possible
Folders are an excellent method to keep your belongings organized. If you haven’t already, start utilizing both the home screen and file manager folders to keep your material organized.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic How to Create Folders in Android on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the achindutemple.org team, along with other related topics such as: Android.