Dropdown lists in Google Docs enable you and anybody else who uses your document to choose data rather than inputting it. This is really useful if you’re attempting to build a paper that will be utilized for a long time or if you have a large readership.
Dropdown lists simplify things on both ends of the document. You will be comfortable that the user will not submit useless data, and the user will not have to waste time selecting and entering terms. Continue reading to learn how to utilize drop-down lists in Google Docs.
How to Create a Dropdown List in Google Docs
Unlike Microsoft Word, establishing a dropdown list in Google Docs is simple. It just takes a few clicks in the appropriate spots.
- Open your Google Docs document.
- Place the cursor where you want to insert a drop-down list.
- Go to the Insert menu and then select Dropdown. This will open a small prompt next to your cursor in the document.
You may either use one of the predefined dropdown lists or make your own. The preset ones may be used by just clicking on them. If you wish to make your own, follow the instructions below.
- In the prompt, select the + New dropdown.
- In the new box, under Template name, add a name for your dropdown list.
- Fill in the choices for your dropdown menu.
- Choose a color for each option.
- Change the order of the choices by holding the grid symbol next to each one and dragging it to the desired location. Unwanted choices may also be removed by clicking the garbage can symbol next to them.
- Click Add New option if you want to add more choices.
- Finally, after your dropdown list is correct, click Save.
When you click Save, the dropdown list will be added to your page just where your cursor was. You or the other users of the document may choose any of the choices by clicking the dropdown list. You may now proceed to share your Google Doc on the internet.
How to Edit a Dropdown List in Google Docs
You don’t have to remove and recreate a dropdown list that you’ve previously added to your Google Docs project if you want to make changes to it. Simply tweak it to your satisfaction. A dropdown list’s characteristics are all customizable.
- Click on the dropdown list.
- Select + Add / Edit Options from the options menu.
A window will now display. This window looks quite similar to the one where you generated the dropdown list. You may change the order of the selections, the colors, and the name of the dropdown menu. When you’re finished, just click Save! You may also use this way to customize the default dropdown lists.
Let the Lists Drop
Google Docs has made it incredibly simple to put dropdown lists in documents, with a full function devoted to it. Dropdown lists help you arrange your papers and make data collecting and input easy for you and the users of your documents.
Now that you know how to create and update dropdown lists in Google Docs, use this tool to increase the productivity of your work even more!
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic How to Create a Dropdown List in Google Docs on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the achindutemple.org team, along with other related topics such as: Google.