The first thing you may question about when moving to a Chromebook is how to accomplish the basics—the kind of things you had memorized in your old operating system. Copying and pasting is one such essential feature that you will need to employ at some time.
It’s heartening to know that Google has made every effort to make Chrome OS user-friendly. Thus, the day-to-day operations you are used to doing on other operating systems are easily accomplished on Chrome OS.
Here’s how to copy and paste on a Chromebook.
Copying and Pasting Files and Folders
You’ll be copying and moving files and folders a lot when using your Chromebook. So, let’s have a look at how you may do this.
Using the Keyboard
- Select the file or folder to copy by clicking on it. If you want to select all of the files, use Ctrl + A. If you want to select certain files or folders, hold down Ctrl and click on them. You may also hold Shift and click on the first and final files to choose several consecutive files.
- Once you’ve made your choice, hit Ctrl + C to copy or Ctrl + X to move.
- Navigate to the spot where you wish to paste the just copied file or folder.
- Ctrl + V to paste once there.
To copy the file name, right-click on it and hit Ctrl + Enter. You may now copy the file name with or without the extension.
Using the Touchpad or Mouse
- Right-click on the file or folder and choose Properties.
- Choose Copy to make a copy of the file or Cut to move it.
- Navigate to the desired location and right-click anywhere in the empty area.
- To copy/move the object, click Paste.
Right-click on the file and choose Rename to copy the file name. When the file name has been highlighted, right-click on the text and choose Copy or Cut. You may now paste the content anywhere you like.
Using the Touchscreen
The methods for using the touchscreen are almost identical to those for using the touchpad. The only difference is how you access the context menu. You may do so by long-pressing on the file or folder and then in the destination’s vacant space. As a result, the procedure will be as follows:
Long-press > Copy/Cut > Long-Press > Paste
Copying and Pasting Text
The most frequent item you’ll need to copy and paste is text. So, let’s have a look at how you may do this.
Using the Keyboard or Touchpad
- Drag the mouse to highlight the text you wish to copy from the first to the final word. You may also choose a word by double-clicking it, or highlight a whole paragraph by clicking three times.
- To copy, use Ctrl + C, and to cut, click Ctrl + X. You may also use the right-click menu to choose Copy/Cut.
- Ctrl + V or right-click and choose Paste or click once at the spot where you wish to paste the text. Ctrl + Shift + V will allow you to paste without formatting. Right-click and choose Paste as plain text or Paste without formatting.
Using the Touchscreen
Again, the touchscreen approach is comparable to the touchpad method. On your touchscreen, do the following steps:
Long-Press or Double-Tap > Text Selection > Long-Press > Copy, then Long-Press again to Paste.
The fundamental processes for copying and pasting are the same as described previously. The only distinctions to be made are as follows:
When you right-click a link, you may copy the link address, copy the content, or copy the link to highlight, which allows you to share the website where you discovered the link. The method of pasting is the same.
When it comes to pictures, you have the choice of Copy image to get the image directly or Copy image address to copy the image’s link URL. The possibilities for videos are similar.
Access the Last Five Copied Items on the Clipboard
By hitting Search Key + V, you may see the last five things you copied to the clipboard. You may then use the keyboard shortcuts listed above to paste any of those five things.
RELATED: Every Chromebook Keyboard Shortcut You’ll Ever Need
How Is Chromebook’s Copy and Paste Functionality?
As previously stated, Google’s goal with Chrome OS is to simplify the PC experience. Its copying and pasting capabilities are superior than those of other operating systems. Chromebooks are also adaptable and simple to use for everyday people.
So, get the most of your Chromebook by using these helpful ways for copying and pasting data.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic How to Copy and Paste on Chromebook on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the achindutemple.org team, along with other related topics such as: Chrome.