The future is here, and Ring and Alexa are at the forefront. When you pair your Ring Doorbell with Alexa, you can answer the door without having to open the door or take out your smartphone. We’ll demonstrate how.
Link Alexa With Ring
The days of being unable to answer the door because your hands are full are past. You can watch your Ring Doorbell video on your smartphone, but Alexa can also show it on your Echo Show.
If you haven’t already done so, download and install the Alexa app for iOS or Android. Download and install the Ring app for iOS or Android as well. Check that your phone’s Bluetooth is turned on and that all devices are linked to your home Wi-Fi network.
To link Ring to Alexa through an Echo Show:
- Tap More in the bottom left corner of your Alexa app’s home screen.
- Tap Skills & Games.
- To search, tap the magnifying glass icon in the top right corner.
- Enter Ring in the Search box.
- Tap Ring in the results.
- Tap Enable to Use.
- You’ll see Enabling Skill.
- If you simply require the ability to see the Ring video stream on an Alexa-connected device, hit Enable Skill.
You may connect your Ring and Amazon accounts to give Alexa access to extra Ring functionalities. Tap Enable Skill and Link Accounts to go to the next step of this instruction.
Link Your Ring and Amazon Accounts
Services such as Ring’s Smart Lights and other Alexa-compatible companion devices may be linked by Ring and Amazon. Installing a Ring Chime, for example, may improve doorbell and motion detection alerts. Ring also has sensors that alert you when shattering glass noises are detected. If someone attempts to enter your home by smashing a window, Alexa will notify you.
Alexa can show the doorbell video stream on your TV if you have an Amazon Fire Stick device. These extra features may need additional setup procedures, but you can begin by integrating your Ring and Amazon accounts.
Regular Ring warnings and answering the door through Alexa devices are also part of the linking process. If you wish to connect your Amazon and Ring accounts, you must first sign in to both.
- Tap Sign-In after entering your Amazon email or phone number and password.
- Sign in with your Ring email address and password.
- Tap Authorize on the Authorize Application screen.
- The Ring account has been successfully connected screen will appear.
- Tap Close.
Discover Your Devices
Your app will need to find your Ring devices after you’ve connected the Ring skill or the skill and the accounts to Alexa:
- Tap Discover Devices on the Discover Devices screen.
- Wait around 45 seconds for the Alexa app to look for Ring devices.
- If Alexa is unable to locate your Ring device, you will see troubleshooting links that you may tap for assistance.
Test It Out by Saying “Alexa, Show the Front Door”
“Alexa, display the front door” to ensure Alexa has paired the Ring skill. Your Ring Doorbell video stream should be visible on your Echo Show. You’ll see a microphone symbol that you may press to talk to someone at the door.
Link Alexa and Ring for Extra Convenience
With Alexa and Ring linked, seeing who is at your front door is as simple as a voice command. You can even answer the door without taking your smartphone out of your pocket to see the Ring video stream.
If you’re in the midst of a cooking or cleaning operation, for example, an Echo Show makes it simple to monitor the video stream and interact. Simply ask Alexa for assistance.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic How to Connect Your Ring Doorbell to Alexa on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the achindutemple.org team, along with other related topics such as: How.