Are you having trouble browsing webpages in Chrome on your desktop or mobile device? Your cookies and cache files might be the source of the problem. Remove these files and then check to see whether Chrome works better.
Just bear in mind that clearing your cookies will lock you out of certain websites. However, you can always re-enter your login information.
How to Clear Cookies and Cache in Chrome for Desktop
Chrome for desktop has several methods for clearing cookies and cache files. To begin, just follow the easy steps given below.
Clear All Cookies in Chrome for Desktop
Chrome includes a feature that allows you to delete all of your cookies with a single click. If you’re having trouble using Chrome, here is what you should attempt.
Here’s how you clear all your cookies in Chrome:
- Launch Chrome, then click the three dots in the upper-right corner, then More Tools, then Clear Browsing Data.
- A box will appear, allowing you to decide how you wish your browser data deleted. Select a time period, check Cookies and other site data, and then click Clear data at the bottom.
Clear Specific Cookies in Chrome for Desktop
Chrome for desktop also allows you to delete particular cookies. You may utilize this option if you are having problems with just a few websites. This will erase cookies solely from the sites you choose while leaving all other cookies alone.
Here’s how you do that:
- Click the three dots in the top-right corner of Chrome and then choose Settings.
- From the left sidebar, choose Privacy and security.
- On the right, click Cookie and other site data.
- Scroll down and pick the option to see all cookies and site data.
- To discover cookies for the problematic site, use the search box at the top. Then, click Remove all displayed to clear all of the cookies from your screen.
- If you like, you may erase each cookie individually.
Clear Cache in Chrome for Desktop
Chrome features a single panel that allows you to delete most sorts of data from your browser. You may erase the Chrome cache from the same window where you can delete cookies.
The following is how you clear the cache files in Chrome:
- Click the three dots in the upper-right corner, then More Tools, then Clear Browsing Data.
- Select a time period from the top box, check Cached pictures and files, and then click Clear data at the bottom.
How to Clear Cookies and Cache in Chrome for Mobile
Chrome for Android and iOS functions similarly to the desktop version. You may also delete cookies and cache files from mobile Chrome.
Clear Cookies in Chrome for Mobile
Chrome for mobile, unlike the desktop version, does not allow you to erase particular cookies. You have the option of deleting all of your cookies or none at all.
Here’s how you do the former:
- Open Chrome, then press the three dots in the upper-right corner and choose History.
- At the top, choose Clear browsing data.
- Choose a time period from the top dropdown menu, check Cookies and site data, and then hit Clear data at the bottom.
Clear Cache in Chrome for Mobile
Using the same cookie option, you may delete the cache in Chrome for Android or iOS.
Related:How to Clear Cache on Android (And Why You Should)
While you’re there, check the Cached pictures and files box and then click Clear data. That should do the trick.
Giving Chrome a Fresh Start by Clearing Cookies and Cache
Too many cookies and cache files gathered over time may create a variety of browser difficulties. If Chrome isn’t behaving properly, try clearing cookies and cache to see if it solves the problem.
After you’ve deleted your cookies and cache, you should erase your Chrome passwords as well. This assures that your passwords aren’t the source of any Chrome problems you’re having.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic How to Clear Cookies and Cache in Chrome on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the achindutemple.org team, along with other related topics such as: Chrome.