Do you want to see how many words, characters, or pages are in your Google Docs document? That is exactly what the Google Docs word count function informs you. This handy function counts the words in your manuscript and displays the information to you whenever you need it.
Here’s how to check your word count in Google Docs on desktop and mobile devices.
Check the Word Count in Google Docs on Desktop
Google Docs on desktop has a menu option and a keyboard shortcut to display the word count.
Here’s how to include both of these techniques into your manuscript. We’ll teach you how to get the word count for the full text as well as for a specific selection.
1. Find the Word Count for Your Entire Google Docs Document
If you want to determine the total amount of words in your document, you may do it in Google Docs with a few clicks.
- Start your work in Google Docs online.
- Select Word count from the Tools option at the top. Alternatively, in Windows, use Ctrl + Shift + C, and in macOS, press Command + Shift + C.
- A popup with the word count for your document displays. It informs you how many words, pages, and characters there are in total.
- Click OK to close the box.
2. Find the Word Count for Selected Text in Google Docs
Follow the same steps to discover the word count for a paragraph, a phrase, or any other chosen text in Google Docs.
- Using your mouse or keyboard selection keys, pick the text for which you wish to get the word count.
- Select Word count from the Tools option at the top.
- The window that appears now says X of Y words, where X is the number of words for your selected text and Y is the total number of words in your document.
3. Add an On-Screen Word Count to Google Docs
Google Docs has a real-time word counting in the document editing area. You don’t have to enter the Tools menu every time you want to view the word count with this tracker activated.
Here’s how to use Google Docs’ on-screen word counter:
- Select the Tools menu at the top and click Word count.
- Tick the Display word count while typing box.
- Your Google Docs word count appears in the lower-left corner.
Keep in mind that the word count displays just in this text. You must activate it for each additional document that you create or modify.
Check the Word Count in Google Docs on a Smartphone
A word count tool is also available in Google Docs for Android and iOS. This function is just as easy to use as it is on a desktop browser.
1. Find the Word Count for Your Entire Google Docs Document on Mobile
- Open your document in the Google Docs app.
- Tap the Three Dots (…) at the top-right corner and select Word count.
- You should see the word count for your entire document.
2. Find the Word Count for Selected Text in Google Docs on Mobile
- Choose the text for which you wish to know the word count.
- Select Word count from the Three Dots (…) menu in the upper-right corner.
- It says Xof Y, where X is the amount of words you choose and Y represents the total number of words in your text.
Is Word Count Available for Google Sheets and Google Slides?
There is no word count tool in Google Sheets or Google Slides. There are, however, workarounds that allow you to obtain the word count for these web tools.
To count the words in your chosen cells in Google Sheets, use the following formula. This should function just as well as Google Docs’ official word counter.
=COUNTA(SPLIT([INSERT CELL NUMBERS], " "))
There is presently no way to utilize the word count tool in Google Presentations other than copying the material from your slides and putting it back into Google Docs.
There are generally lots of free word count tools accessible online for different sorts of papers.
Counting Your Words in Google Docs Has Never Been This Easy
Whatever project you’re working on, if you need to keep track of your words, Google Docs’ word counter is a fantastic tool. It removes the need to search for and install a third-party extension.
As if Google Docs didn’t already offer a plethora of built-in features, there are a plethora of add-ons you can install to further increase its capabilities. These extensions often address any remaining holes that Docs has yet to complete.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic How to Check the Word Count on Google Docs on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the achindutemple.org team, along with other related topics such as: Google.