There are several reasons why you may wish to alter your Gmail email address or identity. Perhaps you made your email address in your early adolescence and gave it a funny name. On the other hand, maybe you’re just seeking for a change.
Whatever your motivation, this article will guide you through the procedure.
Email Name vs. Email Username
Most individuals believe that their email name and username are the same thing. That, however, is not the case.
When you send an email, the sender name is shown as your email address. In contrast, your email username is your email address. By default, your Gmail username is also your Google login.
This information is readily accessible in Gmail by touching or hovering your cursor over your profile image. Changing your Gmail name is straightforward; however, changing your email username/address is more difficult.
With This Free Cheat Sheet, You Can Become A Gmail Ninja.
How to Change Your Email Name
By default, your Gmail name and Google account name are the same. If you wish to modify it, you may do so by changing either your Gmail name or your Google account name.
Remember that changing your Google account name alters your name in all Google applications.
How to Change Your Gmail Name Only
Because the Gmail mobile app does not allow you to alter your email name, this article will lead you through the procedure on the web site.
- Enter your username and password to sign in to your Google account.
- Select See all settings by clicking the Gear symbol in the upper right corner of your screen.
- Select the Accounts and Import option.
- Click the edit info button just underneath the Send mail as header heading.
- Enter the new name you wish to appear in your emails, check the box next to it, and then click the Save Changes button.
How to Change Your Google Account Name
Changing the name of your Google account will also affect the name of your Gmail account. This will alter your name in all other Google applications as well. If you still want to go on, here’s how:
- Access your Google account.
- In the left sidebar, choose the Personal information tab.
- Click the Name tab next to the name you wish to alter under the Basic details tab.
- You have the option of changing your initial name, last name, or both. Then press the Save button.
Can You Change Your Gmail Address/Username?
You cannot modify your current Google login or email address because Google does not permit it.
You may, however, establish a new account and then import your previous account’s data into it.
How to Move Files From One Google Drive Account to Another
How to Import Emails to a New Address
- Sign up for a new Google account and sign in.
- Select See all options after clicking the gear icon in the upper right corner of your screen.
- Select the Accounts and Import option.
- Then, click the Import mail and contacts option under Import mail and contacts.
- A new window will be opened. Enter your previous email address and click the Continue button.
- The new window will prompt you to sign in using your previous account. Sign in and then press the Continue button.
- A new window will appear, prompting you to choose an account in order to proceed with ShuttleCloud Migration. Select your previous account. Gmail ShuttleCloud Migration will request authorization to access it. Close the window by clicking Allow.
- Select the import settings for your former account in the first popup box. For the next 30 days, you may import contacts, mail, and all new mail from your old account to your new account.
- A notice will show after the procedure is completed. Click the Ok button, go to your new Gmail account, and then reload the page. You may now find emails from your former account in a folder labeled with the name of your old account.
Easily Change Your Email Name in Gmail
While changing your email name and login might be difficult, it is not impossible. It will be lot simpler and less complicated if you just follow this basic step-by-step tutorial.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic How to Change Your Email Name and Address in Gmail on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the achindutemple.org team, along with other related topics such as: Email.