If you have a new email address or have lost access to your old one, you may need to update your Apple ID email. Here’s how to go about it.
To secure your account, update your Apple ID if you receive a new email address or lose access to an old one.
The new email address will be used as your login email for your iPhone, iPad, or Mac, as well as other Apple services such as iTunes, the App Store, and iCloud. Don’t worry about losing your data; your account will stay the same (along with all of your prior app and music purchases), but it will now be connected to your new email address.
Let’s see how to alter your Apple ID email address without further ado.
How to Change Your Apple ID Email Using the Website
Log out of any Apple device associated with your Apple ID before you begin. Also, make sure your iCloud backup is up to date so you don’t lose crucial data like contacts or other information.
To authenticate the update, you’ll need access to your Apple ID’s email address. Check that you have your email account’s password before making any changes.
With that all done, let’s get started:
- When you click Change Apple ID, you’ll be prompted to input a verification code delivered to your new email address. Look for it in your email and type it into the given blank areas. If you can’t locate the verification code, double-check that you’re checking the correct email. You might also look for firstname.lastname@example.org’s most recent email.
- Following the entry of the verification code. The dialog box will dismiss when you have successfully updated your Apple ID email address.
- Sign in with your new Apple ID to all of your Apple devices and services. Please keep in mind that you cannot update your Apple ID after 30 days.
You can only alter Apple IDs that are non-Apple email addresses, such as @gmail.com, @hotmail.com, or @yahoo.com. You won’t be able to alter your Apple ID if it utilizes a @icloud.com, @me.com, or @mac.com domain.
If you want to switch to a different Apple ID account but don’t want to alter your email address, check out and then sign in with that Apple ID.
How to Change Your Apple ID Email From Your iPhone Settings
You may also update your Apple ID email address on your iPhone by going to the Settings menu. Here’s how it’s done:
- On your iPhone, launch the Settings app.
- Open the Name, Phone Numbers, and Email area after selecting your name at the top of the page.
- From the Contactable At section, choose Edit.
- Then, on the right side of the screen, hit the red minus symbol (-) next to your name, followed by Delete.
- Select Continue on the popup page to confirm you wish to delete your old email and create a new one.
- On the new page that displays, enter the email address you wish to use for your Apple ID.
- Verify your new address by opening the email sent by Apple to your new Apple ID email address.
Make a backup of your iPhone before beginning this procedure, or you may lose important data.
Connect to All Apple’s Services With Your Apple ID
Your Apple ID is your entry point to all of Apple’s services, and you can’t fully use the Apple ecosystem without it. If you have any more issues updating your Apple ID email, see our comprehensive Apple ID FAQ.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic How to Change Your Apple ID Email Address on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the achindutemple.org team, along with other related topics such as: Email.