Do you want to move select emails to another account, or do you want to send all emails from Outlook or Gmail to a new inbox? To automate the forwarding procedure, both Outlook and Gmail have simple set-it-and-forget-it options.
Whether you use Outlook on the web or the desktop, we’ll teach you how to forward email from Outlook to Gmail and vice versa.
How to Automatically Forward Emails in Outlook Desktop
First, we’ll go through how to use Outlook’s desktop edition to auto-forward emails to Gmail. To do so, follow these steps to establish a rule:
- Click New Rule in the resulting window.
- Choose the criteria for the kind of messages you wish to send. If you wish to forward all emails, leave all of the boxes on this page empty. If you receive a dialog box warning that this rule will apply to all communications, click Next and approve the request.
- Select Forward it to persons or public group in Step 1 of the following window. (Alternatively, you may send it as an attachment to persons or public groups.) Then, in Step 2, choose People or Public Group from the drop-down menu.
- Following that, you may specify which emails you wish to exclude from this filter. You don’t have to do anything, but you may filter emails from specified senders or messages containing specific terms, for example. When you’re finished, click Next.
- Finally, give your rule a name so it can be easily found in the future. Then, check the box next to Turn on this rule and click Finish. Check the Run this rule immediately on messages already in “Inbox” box if you also want to forward all matching emails in your inbox right now.
- To access your Gmail choices, open Gmail, click the gear icon in the top-right corner, and then choose See all settings.
- Navigate to the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tabs.
- Click Add a forwarding address at the top of the page, under the Forwarding section.
- Enter the email address to which you wish to forward emails in the box that appears. Please keep in mind that you may only input one email address at a time. When you’re finished, click Next.
- An email will be sent to the specified email address. The owner must click the link within to authorize your Gmail account to forward emails.
You have completed the process of forwarding your Outlook mails to Gmail (or any other email address).Every email you receive (or just those that match the criteria you provide, if any) will be sent to the address you choose.
Simply return to the Home page, select Rules > Manage Rules & Alerts, and uncheck the box next to the rule you wish to deactivate. You may activate or stop forwarding at any moment by toggling this option.
How to Automatically Forward Emails in Gmail
Do you want to forward emails in Gmail automatically? This is comparable to forwarding in Outlook, but there is one major distinction. When forwarding emails in Outlook, no action is required on the account of the forwarding address. With Gmail, however, the recipient’s email address must allow you access to forward emails.
How to Add a Forwarding Address in Gmail
Adding forwarding addresses is the first step in automatically forwarding Gmail emails. To do this:
Once approved, you can quickly auto-forward all emails to the new address using the same Gmail settings page. Select your forwarding address from the selection list after enabling the Forward a copy of incoming mail to button.
Using the second box, you may choose one of four outcomes for the original message in your inbox:
- Keep my copy in the Inbox, which keeps the email in your Gmail inbox unaltered.
- Mark my copy as read, and it will no longer appear as new in your Gmail account.
- Please archive my copy so that it is no longer in your primary inbox.
- If you don’t want it, delete my copy.
Filtering Forwarded Emails in Gmail
If you don’t want to forward all of your emails in Gmail, follow the steps below to establish a filter that selectively sends certain messages. Because Gmail filters only forward fresh email, this will not apply to older messages:
- Go to Gmail, click the gear icon, then choose See all options, and then select the Filters and Blocked Addresses tab.
- Click Create a new filter at the bottom of your filter list.
- Check the Forward it to box on the following screen. Select the forwarding address from the dropdown menu to which you wish to send the relevant emails. If you don’t see the correct address, click Add forwarding address and follow the procedures outlined above to enter a valid address.
- Enable any more options. If you want, click Create filter.
To disable email forwarding, return to Settings > Filters & Blocked Addresses and delete the rule you wish to remove.
How to Automatically Forward Emails in Outlook.com
Finally, let’s look at how to forward messages via the Outlook online client.
Sign in to Outlook.com mail and then select the Settings gear in the upper-right corner. Select View all Outlook settings at the bottom of the sidebar that opens.
Make sure the Mail tab is chosen on the far left of the resultant screen, then go to the Forwarding section. You may need to validate your identity at this stage by receiving a code through another trusted email address.
Then, on the Forwarding tab, check the Enable forwarding box and enter the email address to which you wish to forward emails. If you choose Keep a copy of forwarded messages, the messages will remain in your Outlook inbox as well.
To finish the procedure, click Save at the bottom. That’s all there is to it when you want to forward emails from Outlook’s online interface to Gmail or another provider. Simply return to this page, uncheck the Enable forwarding box, and press Save again to discontinue forwarding.
How to Forward Only Some Messages From Outlook Web
If you don’t want to filter all mail, the online version of Outlook allows you to filter messages based on any criteria you specify. To do so, return to Settings > Mail as mentioned above, and then enter the Rules section.
At the top, give your new rule a name, then choose an item from the Add a condition menu box. If you wish to specify additional conditions, click the Add another condition option.
Next, choose Forward to or Forward as attachment from the Add an action menu. In the box next to this, enter the email address to which you wish these messages sent. If you don’t want this rule to forward certain messages, click Add an exception.
If you want the remainder of your Outlook rules to apply to forwarded messages, uncheck the Stop processing additional rules box. When you’re finished, choose Save.
We have discussed how to forward all new Outlook emails to your Gmail account. If you like, you can also use Gmail’s import function to easily carry over messages from your inbox as well as your contacts. It’s worth noting that this works for almost any email account, not just Outlook.
Open your Gmail account and choose See all settings from the Gear icon in the upper-right corner. Select Accounts and Import from the menu at the top, and then click Import mail and contacts.
This will bring up a new window. Enter the Outlook email account (or any other email address) from which you want to import. You’ll see a list of permissions you must allow when you authenticate its credentials.
Accept them by clicking Yes. Finally, an Import Options box will appear. If you like, check the boxes for Import mail and Import contacts. You may also tick Import fresh mail for 30 days, albeit this is optional if you’ve already done the preceding forwarding.
This might take some time depending on how much mail you have in Outlook. As time passes, your email will show in Gmail.
If the aforementioned method does not work for you, you may use the Google Contacts import tool to move your Outlook contacts to Gmail. Open Google Contacts while signed in to your Gmail account. Select Import on the left side of the screen.
Gmail will request a CSV file with your contacts. Check out our guide on importing and exporting email contacts for more information.
How to Move Your Outlook Calendar to Gmail
We’ve already discussed how to import your mail and contacts; now it’s time to bring over your calendar. Consider the finest options for syncing your Outlook and Google Calendar accounts.
Forwarding Outlook and Gmail Email Is Complete
You now understand how to forward Outlook emails to Gmail and vice versa. It’s not difficult to do, whether you’re simply shifting a few critical messages or switching providers entirely.
Another option is to configure your Gmail account inside Outlook.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic How to Automatically Forward Emails From Outlook to Gmail (and Vice-Versa) on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the achindutemple.org team, along with other related topics such as: Email.