Do you own a Chromebook but all of your friends and coworkers use Skype? Don’t be left out; there are a few simple methods to make a Skype call from a Chromebook.
Does Skype Work on Chromebook?
Because Chromebooks cannot run Skype natively, utilizing it on them is not always a piece of cake. You cannot just download Skype and link your account on your smartphone like you would on a Windows, macOS, or Linux PC.
However, there are a few workaround techniques for Chromebook users that enable them to utilize and even make Skype calls.
Related: Which Video Calling App Should You Use: Skype or Zoom?
Let’s go through the various methods for making Skype calls on a Chromebook.
Making Skype Calls Through the Skype App
If your Chromebook is relatively recent, you’re in luck since most newer models now support and run applications from the Google Play Store that were not accessible in prior versions. If you haven’t already guessed, Skype is one of the programs that may now be downloaded on a Chromebook!
Furthermore, the Skype client for Chromebook is available in two flavors: Android App and Linux App.
Installing the Skype Android App
To make a Skype call using the Android app, follow these steps:
- Download Skype from the Google Play Store on your Chromebook.
- Complete all of the installation steps.
- Once installed, search for Skype in the bottom left app drawer (the little circle).
- Launch the Skype software, sign in, and begin making Skype calls!
Because of its reduced size, the Android version for Skype is easy to update and is hence suggested for your Chromebook. If you have numerous Skype accounts, you may install both the Android and Linux versions of the app and use distinct accounts on each.
Alternatives to Skype for Windows and Linux
How to Install the Skype Linux App
Many Chromebooks now support Linux applications. If you have a Chromebook, it is an excellent choice for conducting Skype calls since it has a desktop-focused design.
To make a Skype call using the Linux app, follow these steps:
- Go to Skype’s download page.
- The Skype for Desktop area is located on the left. When you hover your mouse over the downward arrow for installation, you will see many alternatives.
- Select the Get Skype for Linux DEB option.
- Locate and double-click the file in your Downloads folder.
- Complete the installation by following the instructions.
- Sign in to the Skype Linux app.
Making Skype Calls Through the Web-Based Version
If you have an older Chromebook that does not support the Google Play Store, don’t worry; you can still use the web-based version of Skype. While it doesn’t have all the bells and whistles of the Skype app, it does the greatest job of simulating the desktop experience.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Open the Chrome browser and go to web.skype.com.
- Log in or register to establish a free account. Once signed in, you will see the Skype web interface.
- You may now simply start Skype phone conversations, video and text chats, and access saved contacts.
Where There Is a Will, There Is Skype!
So there you have it—three simple methods for making a Skype call on a Chromebook. The only thing to bear in mind is that, unlike a Windows system, you will need to manually launch Skype after each reboot in order to get alerts.
Chromebooks are wonderful and economical alternatives to laptops, and you can now take use of them even more by making Skype calls.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Can You Make Skype Calls on Chromebook? on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the achindutemple.org team, along with other related topics such as: Chrome.